And Moses said unto God, "Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you;" and they shall say to me, "What is his name? What shall I say unto them?" And God said unto Moses,
"I AM THAT I AM"
and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
"I AM hath sent me unto you."
FINDING MIRACLES TODAY
THE BEST OF EARTHLY MAN
In my emails, I am experiencing believers who are asking,
"Why is God ignoring my prayers? Why does God seem so far away? They want to know if God is still listening to his people.
So, let's just take a look at who God is. Is He still
the God we read about in the Bible? Does He still perform
miracles and will He perform miracles for us??
The best, the most perfect and the greatest of a man here on
earth may only say, "By the Grace of God I am what I am;"
but God Almighty says absolutely, what is more than
any creature, any man or angel, can say...
"I AM THAT I AM!" - "I AM The Sovereign Almighty God"
was His reply.
THE SIGNIFICANCE OF "I AM THAT I AM."
This explains his name Jehovah, and signifies:
- That He is self-existent; He has his being of Himself, and has no dependence upon any other: Being self-existent, He cannot but be self-sufficient, and therefore all-sufficient, and the inexhaustible fountain of being and bliss.
- He is eternal and unchangeable, and always the same, yesterday, today, and forever; He will be what He will be and what He is;
"I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was and which is to come, the Almighty.
- That we cannot by searching find Him out. This is such
a name as checks all bold and curious inquiries concerning
God, and an effects says, "Ask not after my name, seeing it is secret. That we cannot by searching find him out.
JUDGES 13:18 13:18; PROVERBS 30:4
That he is FAITHFUL and TRUE to and in His Word and His promises, as well as His nature, and not a man
- that He should lie, Let Israel know this,
"I AM HATH SENT ME UNTO YOU!"
- I AM, a name that denotes WHAT GOD ALMIGHTY IS TO HIS PEOPLE. That name "I AM" should amuse and
puzzle them, he further directed to make use of
another name of God more familiar and intelligible:
The Lord God of your fathers hath sent me unto you.
HOW DOE THIS APPLY TO MIRACLES WE NEED
God remains the same today, He is eternal and unchangeable!
The miracles that God performed for the Israelites is
still the God of the miracles we are looking for
Tomorrow we will explore further how we find the miracles
we need and are asking for together!