"Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."
JESUS SAID IT
I BELIEVE IT
MIRACLES WHERE ARE THEY
This particular verse in the Bible has ALWAYS intrigued me. Jesus, himself spoke these words before he ascended to heaven. I have been in prayer concerning this verse for years because there are things I don't understand, such as:
- Why is the church so weak?
- Why are we not seeing "greater things" than what was done in the days Jesus walked upon this earth?
- Why are prayers going unanswered?
- Why are BELIEVERS dying from terminal illness instead of being healed? (People came that Peter's Shadow might fall upon them ACTS 5:15 - Why not us?)
- Why has the church not taking a stand against abortion?
Moreover, why is the church so weak in taking a stand in all that is happening in our world today??
- Why are BELIEVERS hurting, divorcing, addicted, and sick?
- Why are so many churches doing away with Sunday night services?
- What has happened to Wednesday night Prayer and Bible study?
- Why are we more like the world... instead of the world desiring to be more like Jesus?
WILL GOD ANSWER OUR PRAYERS
Have you ever asked yourself some of these questions? Have you doubted and cried out, "Where are you, God? Why won't you answer my prayers? Why are you so far away?"
If the words that Jesus spoke are true... why aren't we doing greater works than was done in His day?? Has he forsaken His people... His children?
Whatever we ask in Christ's name, that shall be for our good, and suitable to our state, he shall give it to us! For us to ask in Christ's name is to plead his mercy and grace towards us and our need. We are to plead his merit and intercession and to depend upon that plea.
JESUS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY & FOREVER
The gift of the Spirit is a fruit of Christ's mediation, bought by his merit, and received by his intercession. The word used here, signifies an advocate, counselor, monitor, and comforter.
He would abide with the disciples to the end of time; his gifts and graces would encourage their hearts. The expressions used here and elsewhere, plainly denote a person, and the office itself includes all the Divine perfections.
FAVOR FROM GOD
The gift of the Holy Ghost is bestowed upon the disciples of Christ, and not on the world. This is the favor God bears to his chosen. As the source of holiness and joy, the Holy Spirit will abide by every believer forever.
WHY?? Because God Almighty, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit were, are and will always be;
THE GREAT I AM THAT I AM!
REFUSE TO SETTLE
So, why then are we as BELIEVER'S SETTLING FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN WHAT GOD HAS FOR US??
If you want to see God MOVE IN YOUR LIVES, let's FIND THE MIRACLES PROMISED TO US - TOGETHER!