If I live to be one hundred years old, I will never understand why the quote "It is what it is" is so prevalent, frequent and so widely used! Any situation that we can't handle or change, when brought to God is in His Hands doing what only He can do!!
Our life in Jesus Christ makes what is impossible to us, not only doable with Christ, but incredibly, extraordinarily and mind-boggling to see!! All of our doubts and fears are just evil tricks of the devil himself, meant to leave us not only empty but discouraged!
As a child, I learned an invaluable and priceless lesson through prayer! I overheard my mother talking and saying she didn't have anything to give us for lunch, not even butter and bread. With a childlike faith, I went right to my bedroom and prayed a simple childlike prayer. It went something like this:
Dear Jesus, my brothers and I need to have lunch but there is no food. My mom says we don't even have bread for a butter and bread lunch. Would you please send us bread... and since you're going to send it, could you please send us some "Wonder Bread? Amen."
I had seen the colorful dotted truck deliver delicious and warm bread on a television commercial. So as soon as my prayer was done, I ran to the living room window and waited for the truck and the bread to arrive.
As time passed and no bread came, I went back to my bedroom again to ask God for bread and this time I told God that I would take any kind of bread that He had to give to us. Once again, I was at the window waiting for a neighbor or maybe a truck to deliver bread to us, but neither came.
Just then my mom asked me to go and get the mail, a chore I loved to do. As I opened the mailbox, I was positively and categorically ecstatic to see a loaf of bread... and not just any bread, it was "Wonder Bread"!!!
Wow! God had not only heard my childish prayer, He answered it absolutely and precisely with a little girl's desire in His heart! On that particular afternoon and in my opinion, we ate the best lunch ever!!
When allowed, God always has a way of stepping in, taking hold of the mindset "it is what it is" and making it most definitely His own! And, when we allow God to make it His own, our needs and our desires are definitely met with His unfailing love!!
I thoroughly dislike the saying, "it is what it is" simply because it makes me wonder how many needs and desires are missed by God's people! How many of us doubt what only God can do?
I refused to get yanked into Satan's lies and agenda!! I have learned that with God ALL things are possible and usually more superior to anything we could ask or desire!!
Will you trust Him today? Will you join me in saying, "When we allow God to step in, it is what He says it is!!"
Here are some scripture verses to stand on for whatever it is that you need or desire:
- But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."
- For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37
- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Jesus looking upon them saith, "With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:27
- And Jesus said unto them, "Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of a mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matthew 17:20
- Therefore I say unto you, "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24
- I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. Job 42:2