1 CORINTHIANS 13:13
WHAT IS LOVE
We see the world suffering, but still, we get married and have children. That is LOVE!
We could make a list of all the people and things we love. "LOVE" is a word we all use frequently, but how often do we genuinely mean what we say, when we talk about love??
WHY DOES LOVE MATTER
The love of God in us "changes us" and as it changes us it grows in us. Love is the difference between caring and sharing with someone... or using and abusing someone.
Without love our actions and our spiritual gifts are nothing. Without love our lives produce very little of the things that matter most in our lives!
Children know when we spend time with them if it is because we feel we have to or because we want to.
LOVE IS OF GOD
God is love! Without Him there is no authentic love. But with God, it is impossible not to love, because God's love changes who we are and why we do the things we do!
Herein is God's Love:
- God's love never gives up.
- God's love cares more for others than self.
- God's love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
- God's love doesn't strut or boast.
- God's love doesn't have a swelled head.
- God's love doesn't force itself on others.
- God's love isn't always "me first!"
- God's love doesn't fly off the handle.
- God's love doesn't keep score of the sins of others.
- God's love doesn't revel when others grovel.
- God's love takes pleasure in the flowering of truth.
- God's love puts up with most anything.
- God's love ALWAYS looks for the best.
- God's love can be trusted.
- God's love never looks back, but keeps going to the end.
WITHOUT LOVE WE CAN'T PLEASE GOD
It is impossible to please God. Without the love of God we can not love others in a way that is pleasing to God.
And it would be impossible to keep the two greatest commandments that Jesus gave us:
And Jesus said, "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and will all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength; this is the first commandment."
And the second is like, namely this, "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." MARK 12:30-31
BELOW: The Love of God - The Gaithers W/David Phelps