- Someday... I'll Quit Drinking
- Someday... I'll Quit Smoking
- Someday... I'll Quit My Addictive Drug Use
- Someday... I'll Find My Perfect Spouse
- Someday... I'll Stop the Affair I'm Having
- Someday... I'll Have A Mate that Understands Me
- Someday... I'll have A Mate That Appreciates Me
- Someday... I'll Make A Six Figure Income
- Someday... I'll Break My Bad Habits
- Someday... I'll Be Satisfied With What I Have
- Someday... I'll Find What I'm Looking For
- Someday... I'll Have More Time
- Someday... I'll Lose Weight
- Someday... I'll Be Happy
- Someday... I'll Forgive & Reconnect With
My Family and Friends
How sad life is that so many of us have one or even more "Someday's" in our lives. We live in a time and in a generation where we are always looking for something better!
We live like were in the song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow!" Were wishing, hoping, and dreaming our lives away, living as though we are able to; "wish upon a star"or be "where troubles melts like lemon drops" and even "wake up where the clouds are far behind me!"
We behave as though all that is needed is a little more time! However, there is something dreadfully wrong with the way most of us are living our "Christian lives!"
These are the words God uses to define the life that He has provided for all believers:
- An Abundant Life..., An Overcoming Life
- A Satisfying Life..., A Life Full of Joy
- A Free Life Indeed..., and A Life With Wisdom
- A Life With Assurance..., Quietness... and Victory
- A Life With Good Cheer..., Blessings..., Power... and Liberty
Contemplate how most people, including believers regard their lives today:
- We experience insomnia, isolation, nervousness, and gloom
- We live with guilt, condemnation, temptation and bondage
- We think with our feelings of coping, and weakness
- We define our lives as depressing, hopelessness, emptiness
including oppression, abusiveness, persecution, and burn out
Never in the wildest stretch of the imagination did God intend for his children to live as we do today!
- As if God has forsaken and abandoned us
- As if God does not fully love and care for us
- As if God prefers that we are down and discouraged
- As though one-by-one we are falling away
- As though Satan has won... and there is nothing we
can do about it
- As if all Christians are drained of all strength and power
- And as if we're ready to surrender to the powers of this old world
My friends, Satan can not run nonchalantly over all that we are in Christ Jesus! Yes! There are times when even the strongest of us will grow weak and weary, still we cannot allow our minds to acquiesce and cave in!
We must run as quickly we possibly can... straight to God our Father and to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Jesus never said He was coming back for a church that is, downhearted, defeated, anxious, fearful or worn out, trying to cope with life!
No! Christ said He was coming back for a triumphant church that is victorious over ALL of SATAN'S ATTACKS AND POWER!!
We can absolutely believe Him by God's Holy Word:
- O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with thevoice of triumph. PSALM 47:1
- Now thanks be unto God, which always causes us totriumph in Christ, and makes manifest the savor of His knowledge by us in every place. 2 CORINTHIANS 2:14
- O sing unto the Lord a new song; for He hath done marvelous things: His right hand, and His holy arm, hath gotten Him the victory. PSALM 98:1
- For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. 1 JOHN 5:4
Before Jesus was crucified, He stood over Jerusalem, weeping because of man's refusal to understand what God had provided for them. Jesus watched in quiet as the multitudes marched about as sheep having no shepherd: fearful, brokenhearted, and restless.
He must have been apprehensive and skeptical with His Father's believers thinking, as Jesus cried out, "This is not significant! You all could be living a life full of joy, peace and fulfillment! Come to me! I will give you the rest and peace you are longing for. Remember, I am the way; I will help you!"
However, we are just as blind today as those souls that Jesus saw as he wept over Jerusalem. Friends it is not enough to be satisfied with your salvation and the promise of eternal life!
Some of you indeed believe that is all that God has provided! You were saved and now you're trying to endure until the end. Which of us are still living in "spiritual poverty? When will we realize that God has provided us with superior promises that are even better than Old Testament times!
What are these exceptional promises? They are Christ lives in us, more noticeably than among us! I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself for me. GALATIONS 2:20
I absolutely believe that it is markedly possible for every believer to turn our lives around. I also trust there is a way to ascertain a new way of life that will undoubtedly provide overall joy and peace beyond anything you have known or could imagine.
Try these steps, set out for each of us in God's Word:
1. God has a far better plan for his children, we just have to take hold of it, accept it and live it!! Grow your faith in God through His Word and His Son Jesus Christ! It is so much better to have Christ living in us, rather than just among us!
God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. HEBREWS 11:40
2. Pray that the God of Glory enlightens your understanding,
to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing Him personally. Keeping your eyes focused and clear so that you can see exactly what it is He is calling you to do. Grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life as an absolute true follower of Jesus Christ!
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding be enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power towards us who believe, according to the working of his mighty power. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places....
3. My friends, you come from God and you belong to God. You have already won a large victory over false teachers, for the Spirit in you is far stronger than anything in this old world. These people belong to the Christ-Denying world. They talk the world's language and the world eats it up. However, we come from God and belong to God. Anyone who knows God understands us and listens. The person who has nothing to do with God will, of course, not listen to us. This is another test for telling the Spirit of Truth from the spirit of deception!!
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."
1 JOHN 4:4
We all have a... SOMEDAY! However, through prayer and commitment we can overcome and "live for today!"