2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
When we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we became "New Persons" in Him. Our old existence, character and personality vanished and we were reborn; we were saved and became "Children of the Living God!"
We no longer were slaves to sin, our old desires were nailed to the cross with Jesus; that part of you that loves to sin was crushed and fatally wounded, so that these sin-loving bodies are no longer under sin's control, no longer are we captives of sin; for when you are dead to sin you are freed from all its allure and its power over you!
And since your old sin-loving nature "died" with Christ, we know that we all share His new life! Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Our "TRUE IDENTITY" is in Christ Jesus, just look at what God's Holy Word says about YOU now:
1. We are the SALT of the earth, the world's seasoning, to make it tolerable. We are like salt for the whole human race, but if salt loses it's saltiness, there is no way to make it salty again. It has become worthless, so it is thrown out and people trample on it. (MATTHEW 5:13)
2. We are the LIGHT of the world -- a city on a hilltop, glowing in the night for all to see; a city built on a hill cannot be hid.
3. We RESIDE in Christ Jesus and His Spirit lives in us. When Christ was raised from the grave and came back to life again, we have the realization that He is in the Father, and the Father is in Him and He also lives in us! (JOHN 14:20)
4. We are JUSTIFIED by Christ's blood and since by His blood He did all this for us as sinners, how much more will he do for us now that He has declared us "not guilty?" By Christ's blood we are now put right with God; how much more then, will we be saved from God's anger? There is no longer a question of being at odds with God in any way. If, when we were at our worst, we were put on friendly terms with God by the sacrificial death of His Son, now that we're at our best, just think of how our lives will expand and deepen by means of His resurrection life!! (ROMANS 5:9)
5. We are free from CONDEMNATION with the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ's being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low lying black cloud of accusation. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of Life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing each of us from a fated lifetime of brutal oppression at the hands of sin and death. (ROMANS 8:1)
6. We have the MIND OF CHRIST! How could this be, for certainly He has never been one to know the the Lord's thoughts, or to discuss them with Him, or to move the hands of God by prayer. But strange as it seems, we Christians actually do have within us a portion of the very thoughts and minds of Christ Jesus! (1 CORINTHIANS 2:16)
7. We are the TEMPLE OF GOD and His Spirit lives in us! Just think about this for a moment, YOU and I are the temple of God, and God Himself is present within us! No one will get by with vandalizing God's temple, you can be sure of that. God's temple is sacred -- and you, remember, are the temple, we ought then to take care not to "dirty God's dwelling place" with the things of this world. (1 CORINTHIANS 3:16)
8. We are unto God a SWEET SAVOR Of CHRIST, as far as God is concerned there is a sweet, wholesome fragrance in our lives. It is all around us. To those who are not being saved, we seem a fearful smell of death and doom, while to those who do know Christ we are a life-giving perfume.
But who is adequate for such a task as this? Only those, who like ourselves, are men and women of integrity, sent by God, speaking with Christ's power, with God's eye upon us. We are not to be like those who corrupt God's word -- and there are man of them -- whose idea in getting out the Gospel is to make a good living out of it! Freely God gave -- Freely we need to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ! (CORINTHIANS 2:15-17)
There is so much more of our Identity in Christ Jesus, we just need to search out God's Word and truly learn "Who We Are in Christ Jesus!" Tomorrow, I will wrap this up with the ABC's of our Identity in Him who loves us, much more than we realize!!