God Bless You and Start Building YOUR Foundation So We Can By FAITH See Miracles In this New Year!
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
WHO ARE YOU WHEN YOU ACCEPT JESUS INTO YOUR LIFE
When we accept Jesus Christ into our lives, God's Word states; When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore and a new life has begun!
The old is gone and as we begin to grow in the ways of Jesus we continually are changing. We are becoming more and more like Jesus each day as we grow in Him, still we all grow at different rates, so none of us are at the same exact point in our relationship with Jesus.
However, the Bible gives great news of our beginning walk with Jesus Christ as we will see in EPHESIANS 1 And 2. And we will examine other "Books of the Bible" to really Learn Our Identity In Jesus!
STILL WHO DOES GOD SAY THAT WE ARE IN JESUS
In reading EPHESIANS 1 we will begin to learn exactly who we are in Christ Jesus! Here, the Apostle Paul, chosen by God to be Jesus Christ's messenger, is writing to his friends in Ephesus. "May his blessings and peace be yours, sent to you from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord."
Throughout the chapter we learn "who we are" in the following:
1. We BELONG and ARE BLESSED in Christ Jesus - who has blessed us with every blessing in heaven. (EPHESIANS 1:3) Long ago, even before God made this world, He chose us to be His very own through what Christ would do for us; He decided then to make us holy in His eyes, without a single fault -- we who stand before him covered with His love.
2. We are HOLY in Jesus' eyes, without a single fault -- we who stand before him covered with His love! (EPHESIANS 1:3)
3. We are ACCEPTED in the Beloved, to the praise of the Glory of His Grace! (EPHESIANS 1:6)
4. We are BLESSED by God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.
5. We are CHOSEN by God before the foundations of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love.
6. We are ADOPTED into His own family by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved. And He did this out of His immense love for us and more simply because God desired to have us as His children! (EPHESIANS 1:4-6)
7. We are REDEEMED through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace; wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence. So overflowing is Christ's kindness towards us that He took away all our sins through the blood of His Son, by whom we are saved.
And he has showered down upon us the richness of His grace -- for how well he understands us and knows what is best for us at all times, having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself; that in the fullness of time, He will gather together in one... All things in Christ, both which are in heaven and in earth; even in Him! (EPHESIANS 1:7-9)
8. We are HEIRS having been predestinated according to God's sovereign plan having been chosen from the beginning to be His, and all things happen just as He decided long ago. God's purpose in this was that we should praise Him and give glory to Him for doing these mighty things for us.
9. We are SEALED having heard the words of truth and trusted the gospel of our salvation: in whom also afterwards we believed, we were secured with that Holy Spirit of promise. The Holy Spirit's seal upon us means that God has already purchased us and that He guarantees to bring us to Himself.
The Christians in Ephesus were loved by the Apostle Paul for their strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He continually was thanking God for them and praying for them constantly, just as we need to be doing for our brothers and sisters in Christ!
Paul asked God to continue to give them wisdom and to really understand who Christ is and all that he has done for them. He also prayed that they would begin to understand how incredibly great His power is to help those who believe in Him.
It is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated Him in the place of honor at God's right hand in heaven, far above any other king, ruler, dictator or leader. Yes! His honor is far more glorious than that of anyone else either in this world or in the world to come!
God has put all things under His feed and made Him the Supreme Head of the Church -- which is His body, filled with Himself, the Author and Giver of everything, everywhere!