After I posted a status on my Facebook page several friends messaged me and asked, "How do I put my trust in God? What precisely should I do?" (I posted the Facebook status in question at the end of this blog)
I find the verses above to be a great "teaching passage" on how anyone can begin to learn the process of "Putting Their Trust In God"!! Above all..."TRUST IS A MUST"!! And, the verses above, give us six steps we can follow:
1. First, it tells us to trust "with all thine heart," for me... this is best compared with loving someone from the bottom of our hearts! Try to remember your first love, or your immediate family members, your spouse or the birth of your children??? You are not likely to forget anyone that has loved you wholeheartedly and unconditionally. God's love is similar, but even greater than that, His Word States: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
2. The second is, "lean not unto thine own understanding," here we need to learn that it's not up to us to analyze, inspect, interpret or resolve anything with our own thought process! God's ways are not our way of thinking! God's Word says: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9
3. Thirdly, "In ALL thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths," again this says to me that we must totally recognize God's authority in EVERYTHING we say, EVERYTHING we do, and even EVERYWHERE we go!! We learn to give God the green light in our lives... lock, stock and barrel, the whole nine yards and the whole enchilada now belong to the Lord!! These two verses say it all: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 John the Baptist said it best: "He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30
4. Next, "Be not wise in thine own eyes," once again our ways, and our thoughts are not God's way of thinking! His Word Clearly Says: But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
James 3:17 We can't even begin to imagine the wisdom of our God, but as we learn from Him, life becomes more easily lived and trust is more easily attained!
5. Continuing, "fear the Lord" I learned long ago that having a fear of the Lord is actually us developing a reverence, a respect, an awe and a true devotion to our Lord Jesus Christ! We never have to be afraid of approaching God in praise, worship or prayer, He will ALWAYS be there for us! God is consistently ready to instruct us in all of our ways!! The Bible says, The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
6. Finally, I think we can all agree that as Christians "WE NEED TO DEPART FROM EVIL", actually we need to RUN FROM EVIL, IT'S NOW TIME TO BREAK FREE from earthly amusements, enjoyment, thrills and pleasures! Here God's Word is, very simply but strongly stated; Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 Learn to never allow yourself to restrain or prevent the Holy Spirit from working in your life by engaging in evil activities. Learn to never be deceived or fooled by the enemies lies and tricks, make sure that everything you do is for the GLORY OF GOD!! It's time to get rid of anything in your life that is corrupted and polluted by the things of the world.
One more thing, KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS and remember that HE IS IN CONTROL of EVERYTHING, especially the things that you and I have no control over!!
BELOW: The post I put on my Facebook Status that led to the questions: "How do we put our trust in God? What exactly should I do?"
This verse clearly tells us, that there are times when "Fear Strikes" even Christians!
So, when "fear strikes us"... and the "Battle is On... KNOW that our Bible also gives us the "Perfect Battle Plan"!
God's Word tells us EXACTLY what to do! We are told to "PUT OUR TRUST IN HIM"!!
And, God's Word assures us that we can WIN THE BATTLE OF FEAR BECAUSE, 2 Timothy 1:7 clearly states: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.
FEAR is a lie, a trick from the Enemy!
When we learn to PUT OUR TRUST IN GOD... we will conquer fear... and we will know the power, the love and the sound mind, that God has given to each of us who will PUT OUR TRUST IN HIM!
Judy’s Jots © 2015, 2016, 2017 - www.judyweltin.com